Bequests are vital to ensure the ongoing success of the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia. As a not-for-profit organisation, the MCA relies on the generosity of individuals to deliver our high quality and accessible program of exhibitions and creative learning projects. By choosing to support the MCA in your Will, your gift will create a legacy that helps us to develop the MCA Collection; support artists through exhibitions, commissions and public programs; and enable future generations to access and engage with contemporary art.
The most useful type of bequest is a monetary gift intended for the general purposes of the MCA. It permits the Museum to direct your gift to where it is most needed at the time and provide maximum benefit.
If you are considering bequeathing a work of art or leaving a bequest towards a specific project, we recommend that you contact us directly.
Outlined below are some of the types of bequests you may wish to consider:
• General bequests are usually sums of money or percentages of the value of your estate made to a particular person or organisation, such as the MCA.
• Specific bequests are gifts of particular pieces of property.
• Residual bequests are the remainder of your estate after the general and specific bequests have been paid.
• If you have already made a Will but wish to modify it to benefit the MCA, a Codicil allows you to alter some of the terms of the original Will without having to change the entire document.
We would be delighted to acknowledge you by name on the MCA website; in the MCA Annual Report; and in our bi-annual magazine, Art Matters. To notify us of your Bequest and receive written acknowledgment for your generous pledge, please refer to the options below:
• Provide a copy of the relevant extract from your Will.
• Provide a letter confirming your Bequest from a solicitor.
All notified pledges valued at $50,000 and above will also be acknowledged on the foyer wall in the George Street entrance to the Mordant Wing of the Museum.
While we welcome the opportunity to publicly thank you for your generosity, we also respect your wish to remain anonymous.
By way of thanks for your pledge, we would be pleased to invite you to be a part of the MCA Benefactors Circle. As a valued member of the MCA Benefactors Circle, we look forward to developing tailored engagement opportunities to suit your individual interests. We will welcome you to join the MCA Board, Leadership Team, and Curators at selected VIP events throughout the year, and keep you up-to-date on MCA news and activities.
The Museum of Contemporary Art would like to thank the MCA Benefactors Circle who have generously pledged to support the future of the Museum via a gift in their Will:
Susanne Z de Ferranti
Nizza and Max Siano
Gillian Simon and Darren Kindrachuk
And all those who wish to remain anonymous.
To discuss your intentions in confidence and to find
out more information, please contact: