This Halloween eve, MCA ARTBAR gets darker than ever as artist trio Hissy Fit curate an apocalyptic night for ARTBAR: Dystopia. Scream your face off:
- Get up close with artist Justin Shoulder’s full face and body sculptures; blurring the line between ‘worn’ and ‘performed’.
- Conspiracy theory fan? Uncover secret symbology inside the MCA with a performance-lecture by Giselle Stanborough
- Play up schoolyard nostalgia with Louise Zhang’s strawberry milk fountain artwork
- Dance ‘til your last breath when DJ Sveta and The Smuts serve music on the rooftop terrace
- Dress in your best dystopian outfit. Think Mad Max, Hackers and Tank Girl
- PLUS drinks, eats, live art and installations from Toby K, Kelly Doley, Salote Tawale and more
#MCAARTBAR driven by Audi Australia
ARTBAR happens after dark every month. Exhibitions, music, design and live acts come together under the direction of a guest curator, transforming the MCA into a pulsating piece of performance art.
Throughout the MCA
$20/$15 MCA Members and Concessions*
$25 on the door (subject to availability)
Ages 18 +
Prepare to be surprised and inspired as the MCA brings you ARTBAR – curated by artists.
Image Credit: Kelly Doley and Hissy Fit