1. It might not feel like it, but Sydney sometimes finds a splash of sun even in the wintertime. Soak it in with a stellar view from the Sculpture Terrace on Level 4. While you’re there, pop over to the MCA Cafe for coffee, tea and hot chocolate that’ll warm you up sip by sip.
2. It can be a challenge finding indoor activities that keep kids active and engaged. The MCA has a huge selection of programs for Kids & Families that are perfect for letting your little ones play, create and get hands-on without having to endure the winter chill. And when your kids get to play inside—that means you do, too!
3. Looking for somewhere to escape as the evening temperatures drop? We know just the place. On Wednesdays the MCA stays open late, so come on in to enjoy the art until 9pm.
4. Give your mind a good warm-up with thought-provoking artworks. Check out MCA’s exhibition Jenny Watson: The Fabric of Fantasy to get lost in 120 works, full of characters ranging from rock guitarists to ballerinas. On until 2 October.
5. A cosy blanket and a good book. Is there anything else you need to make it through the winter months? Head to the MCA Store for a read you’ll never want to put down. We recommend curling up with one of our favourites, like M Train by Patti Smith or Second Half First by Drusilla Modjeska.
6. Add a little art into your dark winter nights at our monthly ARTBAR. This month’s ARTBAR is curated by Claudia Nicholson and will transform the MCA into a quinceañera that’ll warm your heart with love, devotion and gift-giving.
Come on in and kick the winter blues