Gallery Visits & Workshops
HOW TO BOOK
MCA Learning programs connect students and teachers with contemporary art through innovative creative learning approaches. Gallery explorations, studio extensions, artist lectures, workshops and digital excursions provide a range of learning experiences that explore exhibitions, artists’ practice, the art world and art-making processes.
- Please note that all groups must make a booking, this includes self-guided groups.
- Due to the high volume of MCA visitors we cannot guarantee entry to unbooked groups.
- Bookings should be made at least 4 weeks in advance either online or over the phone.
- If you are making multiple bookings or you are hoping to visit on a date that is less than 4 weeks away, please call us directly 9245 2400
Book online: Please complete a booking request form
Book over the phone: Please call 02 9245 2400
We ask that you have the following information ready when you call:
- Date and time of your visit (Due to high demand your first preference may not be available)
- School/Organisation name and contact details
- Number or participants
- Age/ Year level of participants
- Number of supervising staff
- Program (Please refer to our school programs page)
- Exhibition/s you would like to view during your visit
- Let us know what you are hoping to gain from your visit so that we can tailor your program accordingly
MCA Artist Educator-led programs:
60-minutes: Gallery Exploration only – $135 (per 15 students)
90-minutes: GAllery Exploration only – $165 (per 15 students)
90-minutes: Gallery Exploration + Creative Studio Extension – $180 (per 15 students)
Member schools: 10% discount per group
Cost includes all art materials for practical programs.
Teachers, accompanying adults and carers are free.
All costs are GST free
Self guided groups:
FREE, except for ticketed exhibitions. Bookings essential.
Anish Kapoor School Prices (20 December 2012 – 1 April 2013)
60 minute Gallery Exploration – $180 per 15 students
90 minute Gallery Exploration + Studio Extension – $210 per 15 students
Booked self-guided school visits – $7.50 per student
Booked self-guided tertiary visits – $15 per student
Accompanying teachers FREE
Please note that school group entry to Anish Kapoor is limited and bookings are essential. Please book early to reserve a timed entry for your group.
Groups who do not book in advance will not be permitted entry to the exhibition.
WANT TO TAILOR YOUR PROGRAM?
Contact MCA Learning to create your own unique visit to the MCA.
- MCA Learning cannot guarantee that the preferred day or time will be available.
- Groups who have not made a booking may not be guaranteed entry during popular exhibitions.
- The MCA requests a minimum adult-student ratio of 1:6 for groups with specific needs, 1:6 for early learning groups, 1:10 for primary groups and 1:15 for other groups.
CONFIRMATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- All bookings will receive official confirmation. Please bring this confirmation with you on the day.
- Cancellation notice of 7 working days must be given, otherwise your visit will be charged in full.
- If fewer students attend on the day, the MCA will charge for the number originally booked.
Special events – student and teachers programs: *The MCA is not able to offer refunds.
DATES, TIMES AND BOOKINGS
Department of Education schools: www.dartconnections.org.au
Catholic and Independent schools: firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9245 2454
Outside Metropolitan Sydney: FREE
Metropolitan Sydney: $100 per class of up to 30 students
Unsure of your school’s classification? Click below for a guide.