– Special extended edition for the 18th Biennale of Sydney: all our relations
FREE. Exclusively for people aged 12–18 years
The Biennale of Sydney comes to the MCA only once every two years. Come and celebrate this rare and exciting time in Sydney’s art scene with a special extended edition of generationext.
Celebrate the theme of the 18th Biennale of Sydney: all our relations. Meet and connect with new like-minded people and create new relationships with art, artists and other teenagers through music, weaving, sculpture, photography, origami and more!
Here’s what to expect:
• Bring an item of clothing to be mended in Lee Mingwei’s The Mending Project
•* Meet Volume One: MCA Collection artist *Matthew Hopkins
• *Join Young Guides on tours *of the galleries
• Soak up chilled vibes from buskers
•* Enjoy food and live music* on the Sculpture Terrace
• *Create artwork *inspired by the ancient Chinese bottle-painting technique
• *Weave *a giant friendship bracelet
• Make origami and write a secret message inside
• Hop in the generationext photo booth and see how many people you can connect to on the photo board
• Take part in art and photography competitions for a chance to win awesome prizes
• Take part in a mass drumming circle with Drum Safari
•* Design your own page* for the new generationext zine
Dress up theme: COLOUR BLOCKING! Dress all in one colour, and
connect with people in the same colour through games at the event
Stay tuned to the generationext Facebook page for event updates.
No parents or teachers admitted. Supervised by MCA staff, generationext is a drug, alcohol and smoking-free event. *See website for competition details.
Image courtesy and © the Museum of Contemporary Art Limited Photograph: Adam Hollingworth
12 August 2012, 6:00-8:30pm
This event has finished.