Welcome to Australia’s Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA), dedicated to exhibiting, collecting and interpreting the work of today’s artists.
On 29th March 2012, a bold, new and significantly expanded Museum of Contemporary Art is unveiled to the public. The redevelopment transforms the Museum, with spacious new galleries including an entire floor dedicated to the MCA Collection; the National Centre for Creative Learning with state-of-the-art technology; public spaces that embrace one of the world’s most famous locations, and a series of site-specific artists’ commissions.
Architect Sam Marshall in association with the Government Architect’s Office has created a contemporary building that responds to its unique location and meets the needs of the Museum, bringing together old and new to create a context for engaging artists with audiences for the 21st century.
Our new, revamped website has everything you need to satisfy your curiosity about contemporary art, make new discoveries, plan a visit, plan a function, make a booking, and more.
This site will help you…
- Learn more about the history of the MCA, find out who helped found the institution and see all the changes since its inception.
- Discover how the MCA building has evolved over the decades to suit museum audiences’ changing needs.
- Find out how our Director, Elizabeth Ann Macgregor, has led the transformation of the MCA.
- Meet our Board and some of the Museum’s key staff.
- Find answers to What's On, or check the Library's opening hours. , browse
- Discover alternative ways to engage with contemporary art through the MCA’s external projects such as C3West. program or our
MCA Board and Board Reports